Friday, December 4, 2009

Big Day, Short Post

Last night, I thought I'd try a bit of an experiment. I put up a post on Craigslist.org looking for anyone that wanted to join me as a partner in my real estate website start up. If no one replied, well, nothing lost, nothing gain, and if people did contact me, I might find some great people to work with. Well, lets just say the response has been greater than even my wildest expectations. I guess there is just a pool of people out there hungry for something new to bite into, and I now have a pile of people to meet, interview and possibly start a business with. I received responses from web designers, graphic designers, marketing professionals, business analysts, copywriters, and pretty much every other type of skilled professional that I could need to start an online business. Next week I am meeting with a web marketing pro who has already started and run a number of online businesses and even one that grew to have an IPO. If he think my project could fly, I may have found one of my first partners. I will update soon as I meet more of these people interested in joining me on this project.

Also today, I met with my new designer for Hold Fast Army, Tori Hillier, who has spent the last month coming up with some designs to pitch me, and I was not left disappointed. Her work was fantastic, and exactly what I was looking for, so we will hopefully put two or three of her designs into print within the next two months. I also spoke with the folks at Freedom today, where we are selling our clothes, and they let me know that we have sold enough shirts to cover my costs of having new stock produced to refill their store, which is awesome. Our clothes were also included in a photo shoot they did at the store yesterday, so we will have some product shots on their website. As soon as they are up, I will put a link on here.

Another big day tomorrow.

~Will

No comments:

Post a Comment