Thursday, December 31, 2009

Everybody Optimize!

Today I gave myself a crash course on optimizing a google adwords campaign. I did a bit of research, and figured out how to use more specific key words to gain targeted traffic, and how to use bidding to make sure that my ads always land on the first search page when someone searches with the keywords I've selected. All day today, before I tweaked my adwords campaign for better performance, I hadn't had a single hit on my website. Tonight, I figured out some adjustments to get the traffic that I wanted, and I got 48 hits on my website in under 2 hours, all with specific search terms so that I would attract the type of people that could potentially turn into real customers. I'm going to let my test ad campaign run until the end of the weekend, and that should give me a bit of an idea of what potential traffic I could expect to my site. If I can generate some good traffic numbers, I will look at having a professional design the home landing page for the website.

In other news, I would like one of these... This is my "budget" supercar.. The Aston Martin V8 Vantage

No comments:

Post a Comment