Friday, December 4, 2009

Team Building

Today I made the first of many moves to come in starting my real estate company. I called up a friend of mine to give him a rundown of my ideas for starting a real estate business, and see if he was interested in becoming a partner in the business with me. We set up a meeting for next week to go over the details. I think my friend, Brent, will make a good business partner as he's one of the most dedicated and hard-working guys I know, and I think he could be a real asset to my team. I am working on compiling a team of two to four other people to be my partners in starting this company.

The plan is to work as a team to acquire rental property, do any cosmetic work needed, and then rent the properties out until it is a good enough time in the market to sell. Brent has a background in construction, and so do I, so I think that while we are still a young business, it would be wise to keep costs down and do any of the improvements needed on the properties ourselves. On Monday I am going over all of my plans for the next few years with Brent, and hopefully he will have as much enthusiasm for all this as I do.

If Brent signs on as partner, then well will go ahead with finding one to three more people to join us in this venture. I think this could be the start to the kind of business I have dreamed of running.

It's quarter to four in the morning, so that's all for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment