Friday, December 4, 2009

The Problem with Lamborghinis

The problem with Lamborghini's..... is that once you've been in one, everything else just seems a little....lacking.

I've found myself in a couple of situations lately that have made me question everything I've been doing for the last few months. I am settling in quite nicely with my new job in sales for Smart/Mercedes-Benz, and starting to get the hang of car sales. I know I am gaining a plethora of useful skills from this current profession, but there's one thing that is fairly clear, even if I am extremely successful at selling cars, it is a fairly small likelihood that I will ever attain great wealth from it.

I attended a friends chairity fashion show a few nights back, and it brought back some fond memories of when I put on my fashion show last year. I rememberd that the accomplishment of putting on that successful fashion show was one of the best feelings I've ever had. I need to get a creative outlet back in my life again. Maybe start designing clothes again/more, maybe even start the ground work on organizing another major fashion event.

So, while at work today an extremely high-rolling customer of the dealership arrived with his new Lamborghini Gallardo. The customer was an acquaintance of one of our salesmen, so he left his Lamborghini at the dealership for the afternoon while he attended to other business (buying a small island perhaps?). The coast was clear. Salesmen gathered around the car. I'm not going to lie, when I get within spitting distance of a super-car, I turn into a giddy 9 year old boy. So, as the other guys were poking around the engine and swapping statistics, I asked the salesmen that new the owner of the car "so......do you think I could sit in it?". He agreed that would be fine, so I proceeded to immerse myself in Lambo heaven. As soon as I climbed in, everything I had ever believe about super-cars was confirmed....I have to have one. Now, you may say to yourself, "But you didn't even drive it!". Doesn't matter. Sitting behind that steering wheel was all it took for me to picture myself living the life that included that kind of luxury and thrill.

Anywho....between being around the fashion scene again, and plopping down in a Lambo, I've started (again) to think about what I really want to be doing with my life.

Selling cars is fine for now, and I couldn't ask to work for a better dealership, but I need a new project. I need a little meaning to my life.

In other news, the Hold Fast Army website is actually being built, and will be a reality in a short while, so I will post a link to that as soon as it's up. I am going to go back to my real estate investing project as well, because that whole thing needs some serious attention.

For those of you that have been keeping up with my little saga, thanks for reading. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment