Friday, December 4, 2009

Doing It for Real

So, I've started to focus my direction in life these last few weeks. I know it seems like I have a serious case of Adult Onset ADD, but I think there are just so many potential options in life that it's extremely easy to get distracted and pulled in a hundred different directions

Or maybe I do just have ADD. (ADHD?)

Either way, I think I've come to some pretty solid conclusions about my life, my goals, and my aspirations. It took getting into a profession that paid well to realise that it wasn't what I wanted to do at all. Selling cars is all well and good, and I couldn't ask to work for a better company than Mercedes-Benz, but after five months of selling cars, and being paid pretty well for it, I can say with all honesty and certainty that it is definitely not what I want to do for the rest of my life.

I want to design, I want to lead, and I want to create something I'm proud of. I think I'm more certain now than ever before that the most fulfilling life I could lead is one of creative expression. All I want to do now is continue designing and creating clothes, putting on fashion events, and building businesses. That's not to say that once I've made my money that I'm not going to invest in real estate. I still have extensive plans to purchase and invest in real estate. I just know now that the means that I am going to earn my money is going to be through a creative outlet.

That being said, my graphic clothing company, Hold Fast Army, has a new fall lineup. I've been working with three designers now, and we have some great new stuff. Also, I am working on my biggest dream, to own a designer jeans/fashion house. I have designed a line of mens and womens jeans, and I am working on the first prototype womens jean as we speak. Once the prototypes are done, I will be sourcing out the best Italian Selvage Denim that I can, and then finalizing a Canadian manufacturer to produce them for me.

Finally, a friend of mine will be putting on a fashion show in the spring for the Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation, and will have about a dozen designers creating a "little red dress" to display in the show, one of those designers being me.

Anyways, here are all of the 2010 Hold Fast Army Designs.

Also, I love that people read this blog, and that some people even take the time to leave a comment of support. But, unfortunately, for now I am going to have to disable all comments, as the levels of spam have gotten out of control, and I am going to have to add a serious filter to the blog. Once I get that sorted out, I will re-enable comments.

And now for the new designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment