Friday, December 4, 2009

Getting Smarter

It's been a week of transition for me. I have resigned from my current two jobs, and will be starting work doing sales for Three Point Motors in Victoria. I will be primarily selling Smart Cars, and occasionally selling Mercedes-Benz. This is a big step in my career for me, and I feel that it will greatly benefit the development of my business and sales skills. This job is also an opportunity for me to greatly increase my income, and potentially generate more money to invest in real-estate projects, and future business ideas. Three Point Motors is a world class dealership, and I'm definitly excited to start work with them.

A week from now, my fiancè Jill and I will be moving into our new condo on Bear Mountain, and settling into life there. Our plan is to live there for at least the next five years while we work on our careers and business ventures, and then evaluate where we are at, and decide where we want to go from there.

Cam's art is cool and wierd.
Cam's art is cool and wierd.

I had a great meeting this week with one of my business partners, Cam Kallos, and went over our next plans of action for our clothing company. We are now taking a bit of a different approach to how we sell shirts. Originally, we would produce a large amount of product, and then try and sell it to stores, and hope that we could either arrange a consignment deal, or sell the shirts one at a time ourselves directly to our customers. After our success of selling a quantity of shirts to Freedom at wholesale, this is now how we are going to approach all of our sales. We are going to create a look-book (catalog) with all of our designs to distribute to retailers, and hopefully generate more wholesale purchases. I have a friend in Vancouver, Garret Egles, who is a fantastic graphic artist, who is able to take our designs and create mock-ups in Photoshop to make them look like real shirts, which we will then use in our look-book. Finally, I made a great contact this week through my photographer friend Toni LaFauci. He introduced me to Blair (last name?) a fashion designer who has worked for companies such as West Beach, and has extensice experience creating look-books. He has agreed to consult with us and help us create a professional catalog.

Thats all for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment